Thursday, February 16, 2012

Blog Post 4

This is an ipod with an podcast symbol on the screen.




I was so happy to see this assignment. I was excited because I did not really know what a podcast was. All of these videos were very beneficial to watch and to read about. I feel more comfortable and confident that my group will be able to put together a great podcast because of the things I learned from the information I obtained from the videos and readings.

I can not believe that children so young are podcasting. The first link that I read about was first grades creating their own read-along books. This blows my mind. I have just begun to hear about this stuff, and 1st graders are the ones producing a podcast! I think this was a good thing for us to learn more about because it is becoming more and more popular in society. If we are going to utilize blogging and other benefits of technology once we start our careers as teachers, it is very important for us to learn about this now while we still can.

The second was about the benefits of podcasting. This is what helped me the most. I am a visual learner and so seeing the benefits are more important to me than just hearing about them. I know that for my group's podcast, we will be able to utilize some of the techniques that I learned. I learned it can just be conversational or it can be many other things. I also learned that it helps teachers because if a student is absent they can out the lecture online. There were many benefits to podcasting in the classroom.

The third I watched was about what an actual podcast is. This one was very beneficial to me as well. When I first heard about the podcast assignment, I was kinda intimidated. I did not know what it was. This gave a definition and links to show useful tools to use for my own podcast.

All three links were very good. I enjoyed them, and was glad they were provided for us to learn more about podcasting.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica!I have enjoyed reading your blog. I agree with you about learning how to podcast. I have never done a podcast, so I was pretty nervous. Now that I have seen these videos, I feel more confident and ready to make this podcast. It is amazing how young these students are! They are way younger than I am and have more knowledge about how to podcast and blog. We should be ready to teach this in our class. The world is getting more technologically advanced, and we need to get our students prepared. The only thing I saw wrong with this blog post was the last sentence in the first paragraph. It has a lot of information and could have been broken down into another sentence. Other than that, you presented this blog very well, and I really enjoyed it! Good luck in EDM310!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    I am glad that you enjoyed reading about podcasts, but you did not actually do this assignment. You are supposed to explore three links and then tell why or why not you liked them, as well as how you can use them in your own podcast for EDM 310. Also, there are no hyperlinks in your post (to take me to the sites you are evaluating). Please fix this immediately.

    Thanks,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I must have just misunderstood the instructions when I did this the first time! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete