Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bog Post 11

Mrs. Cassidy

I think Mrs. Cassidy has a great thing going for her kids. She is so encouraging and such a great teacher for those kids. I love that she is engaging her students in technology as a first grader! In first grade, I used a computer but not very much at all. I used it to take test, and to play learning games on it. Today, kids use the computer for so much more than what I used it for as a kid. Technology has developed so much and is such a bigger factor in the learning process. Technology is not foreign to kids in todays world, it is apart of their lives.

I think some benefits in using Mrs. Cassidy's approach is that it will keep the students interested in learning. If I use technology, they will be more attentive, and they will be willing to do the work because it isn't just sitting listening to someone talk. I think that kids once I am teaching, will expect technology and would be really discouraged if there wasn't technology in the classroom. Another benefit, is it gives the students another source than just the teacher. A student can look up what I am teaching, and maybe that will help a student learn something better. I can see parents being against all the use of technology. I would address this situation by explaining the benefits of the use of technology in the classroom and how it is helpful to the child.

First Grade Blogging

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    I think you are right on target about explaining the benefits of technology to the parents. Also, I agree that technology will keep the students interested in learning. I enjoyed reading your post, but watch where you need to put a comma. I hope this will help you in your writing.

    Best wishes,
    Cyndi Ford EDM310

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the interview with Ms. Cassidy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the interview was good. I liked listening to her thoughts about what steps need to be taken to incorporate technology in the classroom and how important technology is to the classroom. I also liked that she pointed out that it takes time and doesn't happen over night.

    ReplyDelete