Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blog Post 8

Richard Miller: This Is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2

A boy dreaming.



I thought Richard Miller has a brilliant idea. The videos he showed were very interesting. He made a point to show what can be done during his talk and video. If we are going to be successful, we need to be able to express our ideas in a way that can be understandable. Richard Miller did this in his videos.

He talked about how we dream. It is interesting to see him incorporate all the uses of technology into his presentation. It is also interesting how big of a role that technology has in how we dream and come up with plans for the future. He was able to write things and make things with his computer that I would have a hard time trying to figure out.

I think this video was a very useful video for this class. It was able to show the possibilities of what technology has to offer. I also believe it showed how essential technology is in the world today. The video opened my eyes and kinda made me want to learn more about how to do some of the cool things with technology.

Carly Pugh

When I read Carly Pugh's Blog Post 12, I thought she was very creative and a fantastic writer. The way she wrote made it very interesting and lively. I could tell that she had worked hard on her blog post and that she took it very seriously. I feel as if that would have been an assignment that Dr. Strange would have assigned. I believe she really understood what Dr. Strange was going for in that project.

EDM For Dummies and The Chipper Series

I had already watched these videos before at the beginning of the semester. The main idea is to do your work on time, don't procrastinate, and if you do the work you will learn things. I think both videos get the point across very well about what this class is all about. I guess if I had to think of some videos I would want to create would be on how effective the stuff we learn in EDM310 can help us in the classroom. Maybe the video could show a teacher doing her lesson with the technology available and showing how interested the class is.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

When I watched this video, I liked some of the points that were made. I believe that we will always have the school system, but I believe it will be changed dramatically because of the use of technology. I think teachers will have to incorporate technology into their lessons or they will never keep the attention of the students. I liked when one woman in the video said, "We ave a classroom setting when we could have a community setting." I think this video implies that using technology will make it more of a community. People will learn from other people around them, not just the teacher.

"Scavenger Hunt"

The first thing I found was a video tool. I went to PhotoPeach. This was a website a teacher could use to make slideshows. Some of the special features included being able to sign up student accounts without emails, projects can be organized and presented for parents and students to see, download unlimited shows in burnable CD, create unlimited photo albums, and many more. This site seem very helpful when creating power points.

The second thing i found was how to make my poll. This was my first poll question:
.

The third thing I found was how to make my own comic strip. This was a very thing to do. I always liked reading the funnies when I was a kid in the newspaper so it was fun to make one of my own, (even though it wasn't technically funny).
My comic strip.

I will be adding all three of these to my PLN, because I can see them being useful in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessica,

    Your post looks great. Your pictures and links all look great too.

    Keep up the good work!

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete