Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Blog Post 9

Experience Sign




Mr. McClung's Blog
I loved reading Mr. McClung's blog because as a future educator I always wonder what it is like those first couple of years as a new teacher. I can clearly remember when my mom started teaching, it was tough but she absolutely loved it. My mom is actually one reason I wanted to get into teaching. But anyways, his blog post were so encouraging and helpful. He said how it was. I don't feel like he sugar coated the message. He was very helpful and encouraging. I think that his blog posts were very helpful for upcoming teachers, and even teachers who have taught for a long time can learn something from his blog post.

In his post, he gave advice. One of the ones that I loved the most was on his very first post, "Never Stop Learning." I think this is a great point that he makes. Just because we graduate and are now teaching others, doesn't mean that it exempts us as teachers from continuing and learning. It is a wonderful thing to keep learning and not be complacent with what we have already learned.

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, I too loved the post about "Never Stop Learning." It assures us as future educators that there are others out there that are continuing to educate themselves in order to be the best teachers they can be. It is wonderful that your mother inspired you to be a teacher. She can be a great help for you in mentoring and helping you through those first tough years. Mr. McClung did a great thing by posting blogs about what he has gone through and learned and it would be a great idea to do the same in the future. Keep up the great job and good luck as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica,

    You have a good post, but I think you could have said more. Also, don't forget to add in working links to your post.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete