Monday, March 26, 2012

C4T #3

I was assigned Caren Carrillo. The first post I commented on was titled "Awkward Classroom Silence" She posted some advice she was given about what to do when the classroom goes silent when the teacher asks a question. I am glad she posted what she learned on her blog to share with others. I think that her blog post is very encouraging, and it reassures you that if there is an awkward silence, it is natural and going to happen.

The second post I commented on was titled "No Lessons--Just Ban It." This was a very good post to read. She focused on how schools are just banning things left and right and not even explaining why they are doing it. The example she gave was of a school banning hugging. The main point was that we need to teach lessons on why the students behavior was bad or good. She also focused on saying yes more than no. It was a well thought out post that was very interesting.

Caren Carrillo's profile picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment